Who we are
Powering Futures is a social enterprise movement that taps into the potential of youth to help fight the climate crisis. We aim to unleash the underestimated skills and energy of Scotland’s next generation by partnering with educators and businesses to help solve their carbon challenges. We want you to get involved and will process your personal data if you visit the website or get in touch with us.
Our website address is: www.poweringfutures.com
Personal data that we collect
‘Personal Data’ is any information that relates to you and that can identify you either directly or indirectly. The personal data that we collect is dependent on how you interact with the website. Our company collects the following data:
- Contact information such as name, email address and telephone number when you provide this data on a contact form.
- Information provided by your web browser, using cookies or similar software when you visit our website.
How we use your personal data
Recipients of any personal data that you give to us through the contact form will only consist of our employees and will be used primarily for responding to your query. We will not send you marketing unless you have requested to receive it, in which case we may occasionally send you mailings of newsletters, details of our services and updates. We will always offer you the option to opt out of any future marketing.
How we protect your personal data
Your data is held securely on Siteground servers, who are our website providers. You can see their privacy notice here: www.siteground.co.uk.
Your data protections rights
The Data Protection Act 2018 provides certain rights for individuals in relation to their personal data and how organisations use that data. You have rights including:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to rectification if the personal data we hold about you is incorrect
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
The following rights apply only in certain circumstances:
- The right to withdraw consent at any time if consent is our lawful basis for processing your data
- The right to object to our processing of your personal data
- The right to request erasure (deletion) of your personal data
- The right to data portability
You can find more information about your rights on the ICO website.
Contact and complaints
To make a request, to contact us or to complain in relation to any of your rights, contact email@example.com